Friday, September 13, 2013

The Cabin [part one]

Beach towels c/o:

Alea's long-sleeved tee c/o:

(I was provided these items free of charge in exchange for an honest review on my blog. All opinions are my own.)

Last weekend we spent our weekend at my mom's cabin for a fun little girls weekend. Cory had playoffs for baseball (he's in an amateur league in WI), so he was unable to come along with us, but it was a nice little break from the usual for Alea and I. I took a slight break from technology (I still uploaded a couple pictures to Instagram) and absolutely loved it. That meant I stuck my nose in a book rather than in my iPhone. And with school fast approaching, reading a book for fun was definitely more fulfilling than reading what we're required to read this semester! For our first night in the cabin, I had plans to stay up late reading the new book I downloaded just for this occasion-- for those of you who are interested.

However, bedtime didn't really go the way we planned our first night in the cabin. Mom met us at our house and we left for the cabin around 7pm and didn't get to the cabin until way after Alea's bedtime and after dark. The first order of business was to get my little miss calmed down and in her jammies, but checking out Nana's new cabin is a pretty exciting experience, so she was a little wound up! After she got up a few times, I finally just decided to crawl in bed and snuggle up with her. As I was finally drifting off to sleep (I guess the excitement got to me, too!) the neighbors from the next cabin over climbed into their car and I was startled by the slamming of 3 car doors and a car driving away. And that was just the start of it. As I began to fall asleep again, the loons out on the lake started going berserk! I had no idea loons could be so loud! After they finally quieted down, our cabin neighbors decided to come home again. Oy vay, right? I'm not sure what time it was before I finally fell asleep, but it seemed like only minutes later the sun was out and Alea's face was 3 inches from mine waking me up. That 6:20am wake-up call was most certainly not what I had in mind for a relaxing weekend at the cabin!

After my mom woke-up, we got a pot of coffee on (and I consumed 3-4 cups, no lie) and we ate some yummy pancakes and bacon for breakfast. Mom and I reminisced about weekends at my great-grandma's house and how she always made us bacon. Bacon was always a special treat for us because my parents just never made it... but great-grandma Thom always did :)

I think Alea's favorite activity at the cabin was searching for rocks and digging in the dirt! And she also loved going to the playground and playhouse with Nana. I was lucky enough to be able to take a nap after that night of horrible sleep and that awful early wake-up call while my mom took Alea to the playground. That nap was exactly what I needed to recharge my batteries for the day ahead of us!

Did you notice Alea's adorable, or should I say "cute" ? I can't get over how stinking cute it is. And we got so many more cute outfits from the kids sale at Kohls! It's going on until August 22nd, so you better get there soon! We stocked up on all kinds of cute fall play clothes and Alea's pretty much set for fall and winter now. I just told her she's not allowed to grow until Spring ;) She usually doesn't listen to me, though! Be on the look-out later this week for all kinds of adorable outfits we've put together for Alea. I'm thinking my might come back for a couple of weeks? What do ya say?

Have you gone anywhere exciting this summer?

Click below to visit this month's featured sponsor:
Full Post

No comments:

Post a Comment