Classic Japanese side-scrolling action, evolved and transformed by Keiji Inafune, an all-star team of veteran Mega Man devs and YOU!
* Mighty No. 9 is an ALL-NEW JAPANESE SIDE-SCROLLING ACTION GAME that takes theBEST ASPECTS OF THE 8- AND 16-BIT ERA CLASSICS you know and love, and TRANSFORMS THEM WITH MODERN TECH, FRESH MECHANICS, AND FAN INPUT into something fresh and amazing!
* You play as Beck, the 9th in a line of powerful robots, and the only one not infected by a mysterious computer virus that has caused mechanized creatures the world over to go berserk. RUN, JUMP, BLAST, AND TRANSFORM your way through six stages (or more, via stretch goals) you can tackle in any order you choose, USING WEAPONS AND ABILITIES STOLEN FROM YOUR ENEMIES to take down your fellow Mighty Number robots and confront the final evil that threatens the planet!
Note: All images on this page are concept art and not actual in-game screens.
* Every aspect of development--art, level design, music, programming, etc.--is being handled by VETERAN JAPANESE GAME CREATORS WITH EXTENSIVE EXPERIENCE IN THE GENRE, AND WITH MEGA MAN IN PARTICULAR, all the way up to and including the project's leader,himself! Backers will have UNPRECEDENTED ACCESS TO SEEING THIS TEAM AT WORK through blogs, podcasts, videos, concept art--the works!
* MIGHTY NO. 9 IS BEING DEVELOPED FOR THE PC with gamepad support (of course!), and will be made available through Steam and DRM-free digital distribution methods. Other platforms, including home consoles, Mac, and Linux, are a high priority, but only if we can afford them via stretch goals. Should we reach those goals, anyone funding the project will be allowed to choose which version of the game they would like to receive. The estimated release date is spring 2015.
* THIS PROJECT IS ON KICKSTARTER SO IT CAN INVOLVE YOU, THE FANS! Not only will this make it possible, through crowdfunding, for us to make the game exactly as we envision it, but it also allows us to bring dedicated fans of this genre together to assist the team in shaping aspects of the game's design. WE NEED YOUR HELP! LET'S MAKE SOMETHING AMAZING, AND LET'S DO IT TOGETHER!
So what makes Mighty No. 9--the character as well as the game--different? Simply put: the ability to transform! Of course our hero, Beck, earns new weapons as he defeats each of his fellow Mighty Number boss robots, but more than that, HIS BODY ITSELF CAN ALSO RECONFIGURE INTO NEW SHAPES, ALLOWING FOR ALL KINDS OF NEW SKILLS AND ABILITIES!
For example, his limbs might become giant magnets, enabling him to walk up walls or rip away enemy shieldsOr maybe extendible spring-loaded hands would allow him to activate far-away switches or work as a grappling hookOr he could have a tank-like body, easily crossing over spikes and pushing objects around the levelsThese are just a few possibilities we're considering (the game is still in the design phase), but you get the idea!
AND IT'S NOT ONLY KILLING BOSSES THAT GETS BECK NEW POWERS. Taking out other enemies with a certain weapon, or hitting them in their weak spot, can expose one of three types of "xel" (pronounced "cell") energy Beck can sap (if he's quick enough), store, and unleash later via his own MIGHTY SKILLS! Give yourself a double-jump and speed boost for a limited time, unleash a concentrated flurry of powerful punches directly ahead, or set off a blast that hurts everything on the screen! Whatever final form it takes, this system will add depth and strategy to the action, as you choose how to approach and defeat even normal bad guys to best fuel your special powers.
Once, you worked together, side-by-side--but now, your fellow Mighty No. robots have lashed out, taking over key strategic locations across the globe and infesting them with their minions. You have no choice: THE OTHER MIGHTY NUMBERS MUST. BE. DESTROYED!
But it won't be easy. Although they were originally designed for industrial purposes, the Mighty Numbers have all become fierce warriors, seasoned through seasons in the most popular spectator sport of the future: robot-on-robot combat in the Battle Colosseo!
We can't reveal everything about the Mighty Numbers just yet (partially because we wouldn't want to dump it all out at once, and partially because we're still working on their designs!), but here's a taste of what we're aiming for. KEEP CHECKING BACK FOR MORE TO BE REVEALED SOON, and study what you see here closely--learning the tactics and weak points of these mechanized monsters will be your only hope of defeating them!
Overheard at recess: "Billy Backer says you can trick him into the water to make him freeze himself and he dies instantly!" (Note: Not true.We don't think.)