TV: Next Monday, catch JAMES FRANCO'S COMEDY CENTRAL ROAST. Prepare yourself for jokes about James Franco's sexuality, stoner vibe/eyes, and of course Your Highness.
- This picture is just too cute! HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER gears up for its final season this Fall. Finally, we have met The Mother, and finally we (and Ted) shall get the opportunity to fall in love with The Mother, Cristin Milioti.
- There are really only 2 things you need to know about last Sunday's MTV Video Music Awards:
* N'SYNC did reunite on stage! They weren't as in sync as a band that was going to get together for more than 1.5 minutes would be, but we had fun nonetheless. !
* MILEY CYRUS (clad in sort of skin color sort of undergarments) twerked all over ROBIN THICKE (clad in sort of Beetlejuice's suit). I refuse to post the picture, but .
CANCELLED: The Glades
MOVIES: ONE DIRECTION: THIS IS US is out. Before you shit upon it, know that it is a fun and heartwarming film. Not just for teenage girls. I know a grown man who was surprised to find out he loved it! If I haven't convinced you yet, lame movies like GETAWAY and CLOSED CIRCUIT are out.
- Here is the new poster for CATCHING FIRE. Meet our favorite/least favorite tributes from left to right: Finnick, Mags, Johanna, Enobaria, Brutus, Wiress, Beetee, Gloss, Cashmere, Katniss, and Peeta
- BRADLEY COOPER has officially joined the GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY as the lovablethe furry Rocket Raccoon! JAMES SPADER has been cast as Ultron, the villain in AVENGERS 2.
- DVD: The Great Gatsby is out on DVD. It seems quite soon, doesn't it?
- Here is the trailer for the next hit movie based on a YA novel: Divergent
- I'm in the mood for gal pal movies like Romy and Michele's High School Reunion! Luckily ASS BACKWARD is here to save the day. Real life best friends Casey Wilson and June Diane Raphael co-star.
- This trailer came out a few weeks ago, but the trailer line-up was packed. This week we're a little clear. Here is CAPTAIN PHILLIPS starring Tom Hanks as the titular character. It is based on the true story of a freight ship captain who saved his ship and crew from Somalian pirates.
GAMES: A trailer debuted for FINAL FANTASY XIV. Even though I didn't finish the last one, I can't help but be excited every time a new one comes out. (Though is it me or do the graphics look really bad?)
MUSIC: New from EMINEM is "Berzerk." He sounds as angry as usual, with some Beastie Boys flair. And a new DJ in the room.
- Is this music? Is this movies? Is this TV? I don't know... Here is the trailer for MADE IN AMERICA, a documentary about a music festival put on by JAY Z directed by RON HOWARD that will air on SHOWTIME October 11th.