Saturday, August 24, 2013

Review for Masters of Umbra

Original title: Master of Umbra

Asin: B00D4E8UWE

Language: English


Series: The Valhalla #2

Pages: 231



Deliah is in grave danger, running for her life from a man who needs her dead, when serendipity plants her in the path of the Master of Umbra.



Inducted into the mysterious Eagle clan of the Scottish highlands, Deliah is torn between her fate and destiny when kin clash for her affections. Falling for the scandalous villain who heads the Berserkers of the Hebrides, her fragile hope is snuffed out early by revelation and impending war.



The only mantra she can cling to is the one uttered in heartfelt promise; that love comes back.



Because that's what love does



Poppet asked me a couple of weeks ago to read the second book of the Valhalla Series. Not having read the first one, I thought I would be lost, but I was wrong.

What I liked about Poppet's writing is that she really make her pages easy to read.

Master of Umbra has a bit Norske mythology mixed with something else. It's different, it's really well developed characters, and really good story line with all it's plots.

I won't say that I fall in love with Ewan, he's so not my type of guy, and for some reason, I liked Gunn more. I guess it's a first impression thing.

The story had me hooked, and that is what a story should do.



Now, what I didn't like about Master of Umbra. There are mistakes and I don't know if Poppet had a proof reader, if so, she/he missed a lot of words, awkward phrases, etc. Another thing, this story contains way too much swearing. Although I don't mind swearing in a novel, authors should use the cussing sparingly. Too much of a good thing, isn't good, and I guess it's the same principle with swearing. It did put me off the book a lot. In some pages, we see back story. It was a bit boring, but Poppet changed it, just before I wanted to put the book down.



Poppet, I got a bit of mixed feelings on this one. I can't say it's good for me to buy the next part and I can't say it's bad that I won't buy the next book.

I think you did a great job overall, it's just that I didn't like a couple of things that totally put me off.

I'm giving Poppet a 3.5 stars.

It was good, but not my favorite.

The one thing I can say, is wow, what a beautiful cover.



I still do wish you the best of luck with the Valhalla series.



Kind wishes,

Adrienne Woods.
Full Post

No comments:

Post a Comment